Friday, February 8, 2008

Get with the Pleasure of Eating Açaí


written by Jeremy Black, marketing dude


I have always been copied on all the emails that come to our website and nothing is cooler than hearing from people just after returning from a trip to Brasil where they first had Açaí and got fully addicted to it (the same way we did- and as a result started this company). They are always so grateful that they could find Açaí in a local store or order it from our website.

For them (and for us) it wasn’t about the antioxidants, the healthy omegas or even that Oprah called it the #1 superfood (don’t get me wrong- all that stuff is great). But you don’t hear about that stuff in Brasil when you fall in love with Açaí, they just tell you it’s “good for you”- and your body tells you the same.

I never get tired of Açaí, like I never get tired of red wine or chocolate. I’ve been told it’s because of the complexity of the flavor and the satisfaction you get from the omega fats. And that all makes sense, but I also think it’s because it just makes you feel good when you eat it. It makes you want to eat better cause you realize how good you can feel after eating something.

Every day I blend up smoothies or bowls and it’s a pleasure. My brother told me once (months before I even tasted Açaí for the first time) that it’s so good that when you get to the bottom of the bowl, you use your spoon to scrape up the very last drop at the bottom- and I always do. If you’ve never had a real-deal Brasilian style bowl of Açaí, I encourage you to get your hands on 2 packs of Original Açaí, 1/2 a banana and a splash of juice. Blend it up nice and thick and top it with granola and bananas- it’s truly amazing.

Blessings and good vibes- JB

No comments: