Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Açaí Everyday


Written by Rob Machado, Pro Surfer, Team Sambazon

Açaí, I'll take it anyway it comes... but if I had to choose one, it would be Açaí blended with soymilk (or rice milk), and frozen banana. Pretty simple... keep it thick. Take your bowl and put a layer of granola in the bottom of the bowl... before you put the Açaí in. Then the Açaí. Then more granola on top with whatever fresh fruit you can get your hands on... bananas, strawberries, blueberries, etc. A little bee pollen and some honey and its a done deal.

The first time I had Açaí was on the beach in Rio. I was blown away. I ate it everyday while I was in Brazil. When I got home I was craving it and it was nowhere to be found... that was until Sambazon came along. I was so stoked to finally be able to brew up a batch of Açaí in my own home. I think I eat it just about everyday... and I still love it.

Working with a company like Sambazon is a dream come true. Knowing that you are promoting a product that is protecting the rainforest almost doesn't even sound like it could be possible... but knowing what Sambazon has done and is continuing to do in Brazil makes you feel proud to represent a company like this.

-Rob

No comments: