Wednesday, April 9, 2008

A Love Affair


Written by Eric Bowler, North East Sales Manager

My love affair with Açaí has been a long and sultry one. My first taste of it was back in 2003 when I had my first Brasilian Carnival experience. That nine-day trip was so good that I decided to return the following year – for four months. If could do it all again, I would have stayed longer.

Regardless, this is when I really got hooked on Açaí. Fast forward one year and I am working part-time for Sambazon in San Diego, thanks to a contact I had made while I was in Brasil. Almost three years after that, I’m now based in NYC managing Sambazon grocery sales in the North East. It’s amazing how a plane ticket can change your life.

It’s also amazes me how many people still have never heard of Açaí. When I’m introducing Açaí to someone for the first time, sometimes they look at me like I’m crazy and ask me if I actually eat the stuff. I almost laugh when I tell them I’ve eaten it everyday for the past 3 years.

-Eric

1 comment:

Carla Andrade said...

Hey,

Brazilian guy,

I eat Açái every day with banana, inté, Carla