Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bethany, Fueled by Açaí

Hi everyone! This is my first blog and I am happy to share with you my love for açaí and how it helps me as a health conscious pro surfer. In late September through mid October, I took a trip for 2 competitions to the home of açaí - Brazil! I always love going there and eating the local Açaí Bowls, but honestly, they're hardly ever better than my home-made Sambazon Açaí bowls & smoothies! After Brazil, I came home and headed to Oahu to start training for the Triple Crown competitions. I eat Sambazon Açaí pretty much everyday I can! It's great for when I'm training cause it gives me that extra boost of energy I need to push myself as an athlete. Açaí is known for its high level of antioxidants; and, since I'm in the sun so much, I think its very important to get antioxidants internally to help against all the exposure to the sun’s UVB and UVA rays that I get! Sadly, at the Haleiwa WQS event, I didn't make it far enough to qualify for the WCT in 2009. But that doesn't change my motivation and drive to go for it again next year! Thanks for checking this out, I hope you get to enjoy açaí as much as I do!

aloha,
Bethany

Active Smoothie Recipe

1 Sambazon Pure or Original Açaí Smoothie pack (depending on how sweet you want it)
1 frozen Banana
3tbs Spirulina
4tbs Manitoba Harvest hemp protein
1 or more cup of juice or rice milk (whatever you like is fine)

..Really just make it as unique as you want!

No comments: