Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Açaí Recovery

Dean Randazzo, New Jersey’s most successful professional surfer, was stricken with cancer in 2001. He was diagnosed with Hodgkins Lymphoma and has been battling the disease ever since. This is what he wrote us yesterday.

Sambazon Açaí has helped me so much during my during my cancer treatments. Açaí is such a rich food source packed with anti-oxidants, protein, and other essential nutrients its basically a meal replacement. What was amazing for me was during my first stem cell transplant I was very sick and nauseated I couldn't eat barely anything. I sent my mom to the the store to get some Sambazon Açaí drinks, it was the only thing that I could keep down during that period of treatment. You are so extremely depleted from all of the treatments and lack of nutrition and food intake; the Sambazon Açaí drinks were vital to my nutrition while undergoing this treatment and also for recovery.

Going into this recent stem cell transplant I knew it was vital to have plenty of Sambazon Açaí drinks on hand during my hospital stay. I can't prove anything but my stem cells kicked in on day 10 and the average is 12-14 and my blood counts shot back up to normal ranges in a couple days! My doctors where asking what I was drinking because they would ask what I ate each day and I would say 4 Açaí drinks they then asked what that was and I told 'em and they said they were going to research it. I told them that they should and that it would benefit a lot of other patients.

If I had to pick one of the Sambazon drinks my favorite is the Strawberry Samba smoothie, but I like all of them. I really appreciate the support from Sambazon - many thanks.

- Dean

No comments: